We at Osho Nirvana, heartily invite you this 5-Day Bardo Thodol Retreat With Lama Tenzin.
The Bardo Thodol is the most well-known dying process is the Tibetan Buddhist scripture.
OSHO refers to it as Tibet’s most significant contribution to the world.
The basic message is to:
“simply let go of everything on your own accord. Relax, and accept death without any antagonism as a culmination of life, as a natural phenomenon. It ends nothing. Remain conscious and watch what is happening – how the body starts becoming more and more distant from you, how the mind starts falling into pieces as if a mirror has fallen and broken into pieces, how your emotions, sentiments, moods…everything that made your life starts disappearing. It is the end of a dream. That is the fundamental point in Bardo, that you have lived a dream that you call life, a seventy-year-long dream. It is coming to an end….” Osho
Death is one of the most misunderstood and mysterious topic.
During this retreat Lama Tenzin will share various dimensions of death and insights that will help us understand this process.
Some of the teachings involve:
- Death & Impermanence,
- Clear light and Visualization
- Death of spiritual masters, spiritual practitioners, general people
- The Six Intermedia states (Bardo)
- Preparation for death
- Helping others who are dying
- Delog and Rainbow body phenomenons
- Peaceful and wrathful Deities
- Phowa practice
- Karma and Rebirth
This is a residential retreat suitable for both new and experienced seekers, no prior experience is needed.
We will start our days with Osho Active Meditation.
Safety is our top priority and we will be strictly following safety protocols.
1. We are capping the participation to only 35 residential participants who are committed to stay in the Ashram for the entire duration of the retreat.
2. The retreat is open to fully vaccinated friends, or those who have recent PCR negative report.
3. Even if you are fully vaccinated and not feeling well, for safety of others please stay home. We will fully refund the participating fees
4. We will take temperature when you arrive and have you fill up a Covid-19 acknowledgement forms
5. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer upon registration and covid screen form upon arrival. Please refer to questionnaire in the form covidscreeningform
Dates: Dec 29th 6AM 2021 – Jan 2 3PM, 2022
The retreat begins on the morning of Wednesday, Dec 29th followed by 5 full days of meditation, and ends in the evening of Sunday Jan 2nd.
We would recommend friends to arrive at Ashram by the evening of Tuesday, Dec 28th so that you can be well rested before the event starts the following morning.
Daily Activities: Osho Active Meditations | Bardo Dharma Teachings & Meditation | Mindful Walking | Mindful Eating | Osho Discourse
About the Teacher: The Bardo Thodol Retreat will be led by Ven. Tenzin Lama Sherpa. Ordained at the age of 13, Ven. Lama is a Tibetan Buddhist Monk. He studied Tibetan Buddhism at the Namdroling Monastery in India.
Throughout his monastic life, Ven. Lama has received endless philosophical teachings, transmissions, and initiations from great lamas. Ven. Lama has taught Buddhism and led many meditation retreats in Nepal, India, Chile, Mexico, and the US.
Contribution : Single: $499 | Couples: $800 | $40 dollars per night if you want to stay extra days.The fee covers shared Accommodation, Daily Vegetarian Meals, Tea/Coffee, & snacks.
Limited private accommodation is also available, please email us at [email protected] to book.
Send us contribution via Paypal to [email protected] (Friends and Family to avoid fees) – Make a note “Bardo Group”
Spaces are Limited – Register here ASAP.
Venue: Osho Nirvana, 14945 Ranch Creek Ln, Valley Center, CA 92082
As with any events, here are some guidelines that will help you to get the best out of the retreat:
- Please feel free to bring any yoga mats or pillows if you have any favorites although some comfortable meditation chairs will be provided.
- Meditations involve sitting, dancing and lying down so it is suggested that you wear loose clothes.
- Since the event will be full of activities, it is suggested that you take plenty of rest before the event.
- In consideration of people with sensitivities, please kindly refrain from using strong perfumes and other similar fragrances during the retreat.
- We plan to do each session at the allocated time, so plan to be at the Meditation Hall 5-10 mins earlier than the scheduled time.
Please make note of the following rules:
- Avoid using cell phones.
- Let your family/friends know that you will be away for a personal retreat
- You must be physically fit to participate and follow the schedule.
- Do not participate if you have a serious mental disorder or emotional upheaval.
- You are requested to commit to the whole process, partial participation will disturb you and others
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking is not allowed.
For more details: Visit: www.oshosandiego.com | Call 760.407.6746 or Email: [email protected]
Osho Nirvana is a California based 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization.
Those who have known death from inside lose all fear of death. – OSHO
Enlightenment: What’s Stopping You?
Join us for this unique weekend retreat with an experienced facilitator in the field of Hypnotherapy.
Osho had over 700 books on hypnosis in his personal library and spoke of its potential to facilitate deep relaxation and healing, to release blocks to creativity, to help us go beyond conditioning and to discover who we truly are.
Be it childhood trauma, past or present relationships, karma, or the unrelenting chatter of the mind, this weekend, you will have the opportunity to explore your subconscious and to uncover and release issues that stand in the way of self-acceptance and inner truth.
“… the time is so short before the curtain falls, that you should not waste it in unnecessary things. Your life has now to be devoted to the most essential thing, the most fundamental thing. To be enlightened has to be your single-pointed concentration. Everything else has to be sacrificed for it, because you cannot postpone it for tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come.” Osho – The Hidden Splendor
The retreat will include the following topics.
- Discovering the Wise Self
- Healing the Wounds of Childhood
- Exploring Past Lives
- Working with Voices of the Ego
Retreat will be lead by Ma Devagarbha & supported by friends of Osho Nirvana
Ma Devagarbha (Avalon Haykus) took sannyas with Osho in Pune in 1980. She earned her Master’s Degree in Psychology in 1982 and became certified as a Rajneesh Counselor at the Rajneesh International Meditation University in Rajneeshpuram in 1983. After leaving the Ranch in 1985, she worked in private practice specializing in the use of hypnosis for healing. She has taught dozens of hypnotherapy certification trainings across the U.S. and helped hundreds of individuals to benefit from the art and science of hypnotherapy.
Dates: Jan 21st 5PM – Jan 23rd 3PM, 2022
Please plan to participate for the entire retreat.
Contribution: $225 | $40 dollars per night if you want to stay extra days.
The fee covers shared Accommodation, Daily Vegetarian Meals, Tea/Coffee, & snacks and materials provided during the group.
Day 1 Friday
- 5:00pm – 6:15PM Kundalini Meditation
- 6:15 – 7:00 Dinner
- 7:00 – 9:00 – Discovering the Wise Self
Day 2 Saturday
- 6:30am – 7:45am: Dynamic Meditation
- 7:45am – 9:00am: Breakfast
- 9:00am – 12:00: Healing the Wounds of Childhood
- Noon – 2:00pm: Lunch Break & rest.
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm: Exploring Past Lives
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Chai/snacks
- 5:00pm – 6:15pm: Kundalini meditation
- 6:45pm – 7:45pm:- White robe celebration
- 7:45pm – 8:30pm: Dinner
Day 3 Sunday
- 6:30am – 7:45am: Dynamic Meditation
- 7:45am – 9:00am: Breakfast
- 9:00am – 12:00: Working with Voices of the Ego
- Noon: Lunch Break & departure.
1. We are capping the participation to only 21 residential participants who are committed to stay in the Ashram for the entire duration of the retreat.